Sansotei Ramen

December 17, 2012

Tonkotsu Ramen



Thick noodles
~ They recommend thin noodles with the tonkotsu, but I opted for thick. It was firm with a springy bite, cooked just the way I like it (texture in between Kinton and Santouka) 
~ Soup was slightly creamy and salty, but I still enjoyed it despite my low salt tolerance. Good hot temperature. 
~ Pork - finally this is good pork! Perfect size and thickness, good balance of fat and tender meat, flavorful with slightly charred edges. 
~ Softboiled egg - almost-runny sweet yolk, soft egg white with slight soy sauce flavor - so delicate! ~ Green onion added fresh taste and the black fungus was nicely cooked.

Shio
Shio broth is more clear and salty. I think the pork was a bit different (less burnt?)

I was skeptical about Sansotei after reading mixed reviews on their thin noodles, but my experience was better than expected. I liked it more than Santouka.

Sansotei Ramen on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments