Portland Variety

December 03, 2014






Dinner with Sis at Portland Variety. I really enjoyed this place! Expensive but good tapas.

House-made ricotta with crostini, honey and pear - great combination, probably my favorite

Beef Carpaccio - good, thin slices with shaved cheese, arugula and some green sauce

Shrimp Pil Pil - marinated and cooked in chili oil, large and meaty pieces of shrimp, just a bit spicy for me. Served with bread.

Patatas Bravas - what a large plate of potatoes! Fresh and hot, may have burned my tongue but couldn't resist. Near the end it got too salty though. Could use more sauce.

Beignets - warm, soft vanilla custard filling.. (I thought these were donuts and was expecting timbits texture, but these are not dense!), dipped in dark chocolate sauce

Good attentive service and nice, dim-light interior for a modern yet cozy feel.

Overall was ~$35+ pp!

You Might Also Like

0 comments